So Nice to Meet You (A Completely Delayed Introduction)
Hey, y’all! In all of the hub-bub of starting the blog, I realized I haven’t really introduced MYSELF to you! You know my FASTer Way to Fat Loss story, but you don’t know me! How did I let it get this far without saying “hey!” So, I guess it’s only fitting that I give y’all a small introduction… so we’ll do a little cheesy “6 Things You Need to Know About Me.”
- I’m one of seven children. Yes, seven children. I have three brothers andthree sisters. There is a twenty-one year age gap between the oldest and the youngest. And we had so much fun growing up. We are far from the perfect family, but I know if there was ever a time when I needed any one of them, they would be there in a heart beat.
- I am a GIGANTIC North Carolina Tar Heel fan. Like, you don’t understand. Huge. I cry when they win national championships. I watch every game possible. I have enough t-shirts to wear a different one everyday for a month. I mean, a huge fan.
- I married my very best friend. Clay and I met at Camp Bethel in little Wise, VA. I had been on staff for a few years and he was a brand new cabin leader. He likes to say I was his boss (and still am). He walked into the camp office wearing a Duke hat. I turned to the camp director and immediately said, “This isn’t going to work. He’s got to go.” Two years later, we were best friends that started dating. Two years after that, we were married.
- My nieces and nephews call me Fluffy. When my oldest nephew was about a year and a half old, we tried to get him to call me Stephie… it came out more like “Feffie.” I asked, jokingly, if he just called me Fluffy. he’s now 12 years old and I’m still Fluffy. And I wouldn’t have it any other way. Feel free to join in the fun!
- I’ve become a little obsessed with working out. I’m not a crossfitter or looking to run a marathon, but I HAVE become addicted to the feeling I get after I crush a good lift. I also like getting my heart rate up, sweating, and seeing the changes in my body. It’s not that I love working out, I don’t, but I DO love my body and what it does for me.
- My husband and I are completely OBSESSED with Christmas. It’s our favorite time of year and we want to enjoy it as long as possible. We generally put up our Christmas tree on November 1st and don’t take it down until after New Years. We’re both allergic to the real thing, so don’t worry, our fake one isn’t a fire hazard by that point. And, confession, our tree never has a theme. We love getting new ornaments every year and reminiscing when we hang them the following years.
If there’s something you’d like to know, feel free to comment or shoot me an email! I can’t wait to get to know you all!